Followers

Wednesday 14 July 2021

Third time lucky they say. Before I carry on with this next incarnation, I need to stress from the outset that I have no illusions, or inflated opinions of my abilities, and I am not setting myself up as some sort expert because I am most decidedly not. I have received some kind comments from followers of certain Facebook pages and in order to improve myself and provide a diary of my gaming and modelling exploits, I have decided to start to blog again, and share anything that has caused a smattering of interest. I hope to include some painting schemes/colours that I use, maybe some reviews of figures and gaming paraphernalia, and any other topic that I can try and whip up some interest in.

My main interest is modern era war gaming although like many out there I have meandered through gaming time warps from Napoleonic, Samurai, WW2, WW1, Spanish Civil War…..well you get the idea. Also, like many others, I can’t resist the odd mini or ten from something totally unrelated to my chosen era and I would like to add these in just for the fun of it.

Here are a few pictures to give an idea of my collection, including a hasty snap of my less than tidy work space- no pristine painting studio here! Amongst this random collection are some minis from Anvil Industries sporting the over large weapons often associated with the ‘heroic’ scale and minis from a well known games company. This divides opinions and is a topic I may well cover at some time, but for now, suffice to say, I will just enjoy painting them.













A right mixture, but this is my disordered world. I hope that you will return when I have entered more posts and feel free to comment, but constructively please!
Best wishes.

6 comments:

  1. Really looking forward to this Blog :)

    Your friend ,

    Rapha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rapha! I hope I don't disappoint!

      Delete
  2. As one of those dishing out 'advice' re blogs on your FB post (Peter Anthony there), good on you - looking forward to seeing what you post next, as those White Dragon minis are superb. Love Anvil's stuff but I can't get past the huge guns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Peter. I understand what you mean about the ‘comedy’ sized weapons completely. Although not a stickler for complete accuracy for gaming ( and I admire those who are) I am happy to collect and paint them purely for the fact that…..they’re there! Resin is a relatively new departure for me having always collected metal minis, but the Whit3 Dragon figures gave me pause to think and I find the crisp detail much easier to pick out. Again, many thanks for your contribution, best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Gripping Beast resin miniatures

 Having discovered my new found love for resin miniatures, a good friend recommended another company that sold resin figures for the modern ...